Resident Contact information
Scope of Work
If you checked Other, please describe the work to be performed.
The Applicant should refer to the following documents in filling out this Request Form:
In submitting this Request Form the Owner/Applicant acknowledges that you understand and agree: (please initial)
- that approval by the Architectural Review Committee (the “ARC”) shall in no way be construed as to pass judgment on the correctness of the location, structural design, suitability of water flow or drainage, location of utilities, or other qualities of the proposed change being reviewed.
- that approval by the ARC shall in no way be construed as to pass judgment on whether the proposed change being reviewed is in compliance with the applicable building and zoning codes of the Town of Firestone.
- that the ARC shall not make any investigation into title, ownership, easements, rights-of-way, or other rights appurtenant to property with respect to architectural or landscape requests.
- that approval of any particular plans and specifications or design shall not be construed as a waiver of the right of the ARC to disapprove such plans and specifications, or any elements or features thereof, in the event such plans are subsequently submitted for use in any other instance.
- that no work on the proposed change shall begin until written approval of the ARC has been received by me; that, if work is begun prior to approval, I may be required to return the property to its former condition at my own expense if this Request Form is disapproved wholly or in part; and I may be required to pay all legal expenses incurred.
- that there shall be no deviations from the plans, specifications, and location approved by the ARC without prior written consent of the ARC; any variation from the original Request Form must be resubmitted for approval.
- that I authorize members of the Committee or managing agent to enter upon my Property at times mutually agreed to in order to make one or more routine inspection(s).
- that construction or alterations in accordance with the approved plans and specifications must commence within 6 months of the approved date of this Request Form and be completed within 12 months of the approved date, otherwise the approval by the ARC shall be deemed conclusively to have lapsed and to have been withdrawn.
- that it is my responsibility and obligation to obtain all required building permits, to contact Colorado 811 for utility locates and to construct the improvements in a workmanlike manner in conformance with all applicable building and zoning codes.
- that all construction done will be proceed in an orderly and timely manner during normal working hours and at acceptable noise levels as defined by the Firestone Municipal Code Section 9.16.145. Material placement in public streets is prohibited.
- that it is my responsibility and obligation to obtain prior written approval by the ARC if access point for any improvements are on St. Vrain Lakes Metropolitan District (SVLMD) improvements, green space or community property.
- that I am responsible for any damage and all cost to repair public improvements, St. Vrain Lakes Metropolitan District (SVLMD) improvements, green space or community property that results from the proposed modification.
- that I will maintain proper drainage swales on the lot when installing landscape or building improvements, while keeping in mind site lot setbacks and all utility easements.
- that all improvements will be designed and constructed to conform to the overall drainage plan for my residential lot and all neighboring lots and that no established drainage pattern will be affected by these improvements.
A $150 Review Fee is required with all initial improvement or substantial modifications Request Form submittals. A $75 Review Fee is required with all minor modifications Request Form submittals. The fees, made payable to St. Vrain Metro District No. 1, are due at the time the Request Form and plans are submitted for review. Please review page 4 of this application to determine what fee is due with your Request Form submittal.
Generally, driving vehicles, including wheelbarrows, across District property is not permitted. However, when circumstances warrant, the ARC will consider requests provided that prior approval is requested, and the Owner advances funds as may be reasonably required by the Board of Directors to repair any damage.
The ARC will review each request for architectural or landscape approval and approve and/or disapprove in writing each such request (which may be with conditions and/or requirements) within sixty (60) days after the ARC receives the Design Review Request Form and complete Plans and Specifications.
THE UNDERSIGNED UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES TO THE ABOVE CONDITIONS
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN REVIEW:
- To be considered by the ARC your Request Form must include detailed information describing the proposed change (typically, plans and specifications including sketches, photos, catalog illustrations, etc. showing the nature, kind, shape, color, dimensions, and materials). Make certain your Design Review Request Form is complete.
- Homeowner or Contractor cannot take down SVLMD fencing for access to improvement site.
- Homeowner or Contractor cannot drive across but can walk across SVLMD landscaped areas to access improvement site.
- If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact the District Management team at the contact information noted at the bottom of this page.
- All correspondence and reports by the District will be emailed to the applicant or available for pick-up.
SUBMIT REQUEST FORM WITH A PLAN SET ILLUSTRATING THE FOLLOWING:
The applicant must submit a set of plans and specifications showing the nature, species, kind, shape, height, color, materials, and locations of the proposed landscaping or architectural alteration. All proposed structures should include either elevation drawing with dimensions and materials or “information cut sheets” from the manufacturer. It is especially important to include the location of the improvement in relation to the lot line and structure.
- Plans should be submitted to scale of 1 inch = 30 feet, minimum. NOTE: The width of your lot must be included in this plan.
- Plot Plan, Foundation Plan, Engineering Plan or Grading Plans can be used as a base for proposed Landscape Design
- Submittals are highly encouraged to depict the full yard showing the proposed Landscaping/Deck/Patio/Fence shown in context with the house, the property line and adjacent neighbors.
- Please use the words “existing” or “proposed” so that the DRC knows what is already in place or what is proposed as new.
- All landscape design plans must include species and quantity of plants and meet the minimal requirements by rear lot width size.
- All Fence plans must comply with the fence guidelines.
- All trees/shrubs must be located so that their mature spread/width/canopy does not encroach on neighboring properties.
- All paths, patios, rock beds, mulch beds will require specific material information include type of rock/stone/mulch and color.
- Pictures and additional product information is helpful in gaining approval without additional information being requested.
- Decorative walls and sitting walls require dimensions as well as material and color information.
- All privacy screens will require dimensions as well as material, color, and exact location details.
- All wood-built structures, including but not limited to, a trellis, deck, pergola will require wood species and stain color information for approval.
- Plans should be submitted to scale.
- Floor Plan, Foundation Plan, Engineering Plan or Exterior Elevations can be used as a base for proposed Architectural Improvements.
- Submittals are highly encouraged to depict the improvement in plan and elevation showing the proposed improvement in context with the house, the property line and adjacent neighbors.
- Please use the words “existing” or “proposed” so that the ARC knows what is already in place or what is proposed as new.
- All improvements will require material and color information as well as dimensions. Pictures and additional product information is helpful to receive approval.
- Color selections should be submitted to the ARC in the form of manufacturer’s paint chips. Digital copies will not be accepted.
- Explanation of where each color will be applied.
- Exterior photo(s) of the home in its current state along with exterior photos of the two adjacent homes on either side to avoid replication/duplication.
- Note: Photos from Google Earth/Maps will not be accepted as they may not represent the house with current colors.
SUBMIT REQUEST FORM WITH A DESIGN REVIEW FEE DETERMINED BY THE PARAMETERS BELOW:
A $150 Review Fee is required with all initial improvement or substantial modifications Request Form submittals. A $75 Review Fee is required with all minor modifications to existing improvements. Below please find a to assist in determining what fee amount is due with your submittal. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding the appropriate Review Fee to submit with your Request Form.
If you are submitting your form online, a St. Vrain Lakes Metropolitan District management team member will review your application and follow up with any comments. If you would like to pay your review fee online please indicate that in the description of the proposed improvement and an invoice for the review fee will be posted to your account. If you are applying via snail mail or would like to pay your Review Fee by check, please make the check out to St. Vrain Lakes Metro District or SVLMD and mail your application and/or payment to 550 W. Eisenhower Blvd, Loveland, CO 80537.
Major Improvements ($150 Review Fee):
- Room additions,
- Structural changes,
- Accessory buildings,
- Original installation of rear yards,
- Exterior paint requests outside of the pre-approved paint booklet,
- Any modification to more than 25% of rear yard landscaping,
- Any modification to more than 25% of front yard landscaping.
Minor Modifications ($75 Review Fee):
- Fence installation, if submitting plans using the approved fence styles found in the Landscape Guide for Residents,
- Exterior paint color changes within pre-approved paint booklet,
- Any modifications to less than 25% of rear yard landscaping,
- Any modifications to less than 25% of front yard landscaping.
The Review Fee, made payable to St. Vrain Metro District No. 1, are due at the time the Request Form and plans are submitted for review.