TRAILS USE POLICY
1.1. Trail Use. Any existing or future trails, common area pathways and related amenities (the “Trails”) are available for general, informal use by Users and the general public. Commercial use of Trails is prohibited without the prior written consent of the District Manager.
1.2. Limitation of Liability of District. Use of the Trails is at the sole risk of any User, their guests or any other member of the public. Except as provided by the Colorado Governmental Immunity Act, §§ 24-10-101 et seq., C.R.S., the District shall not be responsible for any claims for damage by reason of any action or inaction of the District or its agents or representatives in connection with any of the Trails.
1.3. Equipment. All recreational items and equipment located on or around the Trails are the property of the District and shall not be taken from the premises without prior written consent of the District Manager. Any violations may result in criminal prosecution by the District and/or the revocation of usage of any Access Card(s).
1.4. Smoking, Drugs and Alcohol. Smoking is not permitted within twenty-five (25) feet of the Trails, and the use of marijuana or illegal drugs is not allowed and shall not be permitted on or around the Trails. The consumption of alcohol on or around the Trails is prohibited.
1.5. Weapons. With the exception of squirt guns and unless otherwise authorized pursuant to § 18-12-214, C.R.S. no weapons of any kind shall be allowed on or around the Trails by any Users, including, but not limited to, pocket knives or firearms.
1.6. Food and Drink. Food and non-alcoholic drinks are permitted on the Trails. Glass containers are absolutely prohibited on the Trails. Users shall clean up after themselves and dispose of all waste in the appropriate trash and/or recycling receptacles.
1.7. Pets. All pets must be accompanied by a User capable of controlling the pet and must be on a leash on the Trails. All Users are responsible for cleaning up after their pets. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing contained herein shall prevent Users from being accompanied by lawfully-licensed disability-related assistance animals on the Trails.
1.8. Prohibited Activities. The following activities are prohibited within the Trails:
- 1.8.1. Placing or posting signs.
- 1.8.2. Camping overnight.
- 1.8.3. Entering or remaining on the Trails after such facilities are closed as indicated on the posted hours of operation.
- 1.8.4. Depositing, leaving or burying refuse, trash or litter except in designated trash receptacles.
- 1.8.5. Installing any structure, including but not limited to, tents, booths, stands, awnings, tree houses, rope swings, inflatable amusements or canopies.
- 1.8.6. Operating remote control or control-line devices in the air, on or in the water, or on the ground.
- 1.8.7. Using any amplified sound system that produces audible sound beyond a radius of twenty-five (25) feet.
- 1.8.8. Sticking or placing any handbill, poster, placard, sticker, or painted or printed matter on any public building, fence, power or light or telephone pole, or any other public structure.
- 1.8.9. Playing or practicing golf or archery.
- 1.8.10. Discharging explosives or fireworks or operating launch model rockets or other devices which may have an explosive charge.
- 1.8.11. Conducting any private enterprise.
- 1.8.12. Parking motor vehicles overnight.
- 1.8.13. Blocking, closing off, or impairing access to any Trails or facilities.
- 1.8.14. Hunting, shooting, killing, injuring, trapping or maiming any animal.
- 1.8.15. Permitting any livestock to graze.
- 1.8.16. Destroying, vandalizing, defacing or damaging any buildings, structures, signs, equipment, fences, gates or locks regulating access.
- 1.8.17. Entering, without authorization, those areas and facilities posted or otherwise designated as closed to the general public.
- 1.8.18. Straying from the designated Trails.
- 1.8.19. Disposing or dumping of trash or waste.
- 1.8.20. Removing, cutting down, and disfiguring rocks, trees, shrubs or other features of the natural environment.
- 1.8.21. Building a fire.
- 1.8.22. Operating unauthorized motor vehicles.
- 1.8.23. Engaging in any illegal or illicit activity, as prohibited by applicable Federal, State or local law, regulation or ordinance.
1.9. Outside Restrooms. Certain of the Trails have, or may soon have, outdoor restrooms that automatically unlock at sunrise and lock at sundown. Additional rules and regulations regarding the outside restrooms may be posted in and around the restrooms in the sole discretion of the District.
1.10. Compliance. All Users and members of the general public shall obey these Policies and Procedures in addition to any order, rule or regulation of the District and the instructions of any sign posted by the District.
1.11. Violation of Trail Policy. Should any person fail to observe and obey these Policies and Procedures, or any such order, rule, regulation or sign posted by the District, the District’s Manager may immediately remove or cause to be removed any such person and may ban such person from the use of the District Trails or open space and its facilities for such period of time as may be necessary to secure compliance these Policies and Procedure. The District Manager may also impose a validly approved fee in their sole discretion. All violations may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.